Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What a busy weekend!

It is so great having Wes home! We have been doing so much and really keeping busy! This weekend was jam packed and SO busy! Wes was off on Friday and I was babysitting for a few hours. That afternoon we ran some errands.
Saturday our neighborhood pool opened so we went that morning. It was Addie's first time going to the pool! When we got there no one else was there and the water was so cold. I put Connor's swim vest on and put him in the shallow end of the pool. As you can see in the picture he was not too happy. I don't know if it was because he thought he was going to sink or because the water was cold.... Either way, it made for a funny picture!
He was quite happy and had a great time in the kiddy pool when his friend Reagan arrived. Since the water was so cold in the big pool, I just sat Addie on the kiddy pool step and she splashed around a bit. She loves the water. I know she is going to really enjoy the pool when the water warms up.







Addie and Daddy for her first trip to the swimming pool!


















Happy to be splashing around in the water.












After the pool on Saturday morning, we came home, had lunch, kids napped, and then we rushed off to a first birthday party. It was the daughter of a co-worker of Wes. Every wife there was named Ashley almost. It was about the only time I have remembered everyone's names. Lol. Addie really didn't enjoy the party very much. She was tired and cranky. It was really hot outside too. Connor had a blast though. They had a kiddy pool set up and a swing-set. They also brought out a jump-house after a while. He had a blast. Everyone kept asking how old he was. They were surprised to hear that he is 2. He was the same size as an 5 year old boy at the party! Connor was very well behaved too! We all had fun and it was nice meeting Wes' friends.
After the party, we went grocery shopping at the commissary. Wes wore Addie for the first time ever and they looked so cute! We were even stopped by a women in the store because she wanted to compliment us on how beautiful our family was. That sure did make Wes and I feel good.







Addie and Daddy ready to do some grocery shopping.












Sunday we didn't go to church and spent the day straightening the house for company that evening. Addie was a little grumpy and clingy which is unusual for her. You can see the picture below to see how she wished me Happy Mother's Day! Lol. Our morning started with Wes making me eggs and toast for breakfast. I love his eggs! He also gave me a sweet card. That afternoon, our neighbors came over to grill out and just hang out. They brought over a bottle of wine and Wes and I were so embarrassed because we didn't even have any wine glasses. We felt so dumb.... who wants wine in a coffee mug!! Lol. We had a really good time with them though. Doodles loves their daughter Reagan. They are best friends. Candy(the neighbor) and I have decided to start going to the neighborhood fitness center together 3 days a week! We went last night and my legs hardly work today but I am going to keep going. I am glad I have such an awesome neighbor to be friends with!





Here is how my grumpy girl told me Happy Mother's Day. Lol. She is usually so happy.
Yesterday I figured out why she was so grumpy. Her 2 bottom teeth started breaking through the skin during the night Sunday. I could feel a tiny bit of each tooth on Monday morning. She is much happier now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day. Miss you and enjoy the updates.
Rusty