Thursday, October 2, 2008

About our beach trip....

Well, things got busy around here and I forgot to blog about the details of our beach trip. Now it is kinda old news so I will just tell a bit about it. lol We stayed at The Dunes in Myrtle Beach, which is super nice, but the reason we really love it is the indoor water park. They have a lazy river, 2 water slides, a kiddie pool area with lots of cool stuff, etc. Connor loved the slides! He got to the point where he would swim across the lazy river, go up the steps, down the slide, and start over while Wes was watching him. Addie befriended 2 sweet little girls in the kiddie pool area. They were 3 and 7 and just loooooooved Addie. They played ball with her the whole time we were there. We also went to the beach for a little bit but Addie hates the sand and Connor preferred the water park. We also went to dinner. My favorite part of the beach is always all-you-can-eat crab legs. We decided to try a new place that ranked highly on tripadvisor.com. It was called Captain George's. It is located on the corner of 28th and 17(you will see why this is relevant in a minute). We got on 28th and came to 17 Business and spotted a seafood place so we parked and went in. As we were being seated, I realized this place did not seem nice like the reviews on tripadvisor had said. So I read the girl's shirt and it said Captain Bennett's!!! I stopped the girl lugging the highchair and menus to let her know I thought we were at the wrong place. I said, "I think we are at the wrong place. We thought this was Captain George's." She says, "Oh, no this is Captain Bennett's." Awkward silence...... I say, "Ok, well we are going to leave now." She looks a little ticked and we leave. lol When we get to the parking lot Wes says "Damn babe, I thought you could have come up with something better than that!" lol I was just telling the truth. So we realize that Captain George's that we want to go to is on 17 and not 17 Business. So we drive a little farther and arrive at our destination. And it was quite delicious by the way. The kids were very good and allowed mommy to eat many many crab legs! The next day we went out on the beach before we had tp check out. After we checked out we went to lunch at Margaritaville. The kids really liked it because of the music. They were both just a dancing. So anyways, that is our last beach trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing memories from your vacation trip…. I'm also waiting for the pictures from it.