Monday, October 13, 2008

Craziness around here!

It has been a while since I posted bc things have been a little crazy around here. I will sum it up as short as possible to inform you and not bore you..... also bc I have some shows recorded on DVR to watch. lol My grandparents left on Wednesday after a great visit....and took Wes with them. Wes needed a ride to AL to pick up his new Harley so this worked out great. They all left on Wed and Wes came back on Sunday. Shit hit the fan while he was gone. Addie woke up Sat morning burning up and had a fever of 102.5. Also while I was looking for the thermometer the power went out in half our house. Half the upstairs and half the downstairs. Crazy. I panicked bc it was an overwhelming morning. Nothing worked to get it back on so I gave up. It miraculously came back on and I was so thankful. We went to the doctor's Sat morning sick hours. We got the news that Addie has strep throat again for the 2nd time in a month and a half. Crazy! So she got antibiotics and we came home. She rested most of the day and her fever would not go away. Later Sat evening the power went off again. It kinda dimmed and then was gone..... in half the house. I had no idea what to do. A neighbor came and tried to figure it out and gave up after a couple of hours. I finally decided to call an electrician bc I didn't want us to burn up in an electrical fire! Of all 20 electricians with big ads that said 24 hour emergency service, only 3 answered. First one says $125 to come out and $125 per hour. So $250 for 1 hour. Second said the same thing. Third one was a family owned business that was actually interested in hearing what was going on. She suggested I call the power company to come check first bc if it is on their end, it will cost me nothing. She said if it is something on my end then to call her back and they will come for $125. I thanked her over and over for helping me and not trying to rip me off. The power co came and it was their fault! Yay. When our house was built 2 years ago they knicked the main power line to our box when they put in the water and sewage. It gradually got worse until we finally lost part of our power. Problem solved. They did have to cut all the power to the house while they worked which sucked bc I had to sit in the dark with a flashlight until 11pm. So worht it though to have the problem solved and for free! Sunday Addie still felt bad and was feverish off and on. Wes got home yesterday and the kids were both so glad to see him. I was too! I dunno why everything has to happen while he is gone!
Today Wes was off and I had a couple of hours of play therapy scheduled so he was home with the kids. When I got home both kids climbed onme and showered me with love. It is so nice to know they miss me when I am gone. A few miracles happened this evening. Connor cleaned up all his toys all by himself. The whole time he was doing it he kept saying "Look mommy, I doing so good!" It was so cute. He also cleaned his plate at dinner tonight. We had fried Tilapia and green beans with new potatoes. He ate all his fish(chicken as he thinks) and had 2 servings of green beans and potatoes. This kid wouldn't touch a green bean until now. Didn;t really like potatoes unless they are mashed. We were so proud! He even said they were delicious! For eating so good he had some yogurt(which he thinks is ice cream). lol Not much other interesting stuff to tell about. I will post some pics now so I can go watch some tv. :)
Oh wait...there is one more thing. I have decided I am way too fat and lazy. I am heavier than I have ever been while not pregnant. So I have started Couch to 5K. You can read about it here: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml I started last Thursday but then all the crap over the weekend got in the way. I started off fresh today. I have a pic of the kids bundled up for our run while they had breakfast. Wes went too since he was off. Wish me luck bc I need it!!!
Ready for a nap in her new wool knit pants.


Connor was in time out and crying so Addie went to love him. As you can see he hated it!


A pic of Addie on her sickly, cranky Sunday.


Connor was happy to see Daddy, especially when he mentioned a surprise!


Connor enjoying his surprise from Daddy.


Bundled up this morning for the run. They had their breakfast and milk. lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWWW! I am so proud of you. I checked out the couch to 5K also a few weeks ago but decided against it. I can't allow myself to walk while I am running or I can't get motivated to start again. SO, I have been running for ~2 weeks and am up to 1 mile. Training for a 5K in December called the Jingle Bell run. It is a good one. All the runners put bells on their shoes so it really gets you ready for the holidays. The kids are soo cute. Growing way too fast. Addie is beautiful.

Glad all is well and will talk to you soon. Love you! Rusty