Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving and My Family has Come and Gone!


Wow, time is flying! I cannot believe that December is here, Thanksgiving has come and and gone, as has my family. My Mom, step-dad, and brother flew in on Thanksgiving day. They were here until Sunday night. When they arrived, Addie ran to me and would not leave my arms in the beginning. She quickly warmed up to them and was back to her sweet normal self. We got started cooking. We had a huge feast! Just in case anyone cares, we had: fried turkey, honey baked ham from the Honey Baked Ham Store, squash dressing, tomato pie, broccoli and rice casserole, green bean bundles, rolls, cream cheese pie, and cheese cake. Everything was yummy! The next day we left the kids with the men and went out to do some shopping in the Black Friday madness. My mom bought a lot of gifts. Since our home town only has a Walmart and Belk she was in heaven here in Fayetteville. We wanted to go to Raleigh but figured that would be waaaay too long to leave 3 kids with 2 men. lol The only gift I bought was a new baby doll stroller for Addie since her other is slowly falling apart. I bought a few other things that we just needed. It was so fun to just go out and spend time with my mom. It has been a long time since we have been able to do that. The rest of the weekend was spent just spending time together. We watched the Auburn vs. Alabama game on Sat. All of us were disappointed except for Jim(my step-dad). Other than the football game, we had a great weekend! The visit ended when I took them to the airport Sunday night. Their flight got delayed a coupe of hours which thenmade them miss their flight out of Atlanta. They did not get home until Monday around lunch time. Gotta love Delta and Atlanta.....NOT! Anyways, here are some pics from the long weekend. Hope everyone had a GREAT Thanksgiving!

Patiently waiting for some yummy dinner on Turkey Day!


Addie really likes the musical reindeer.



Considering grabbing an ornament.



And going for it!



Yummy yogurt.



Gotta love that messy smile.



She has my chubby chin.



Sweet blue eyed girl!



Watching tv with Paw-Paw Jim.






Sitting around with Emmie.



Telling Emmie & Paw-Paw Jim goodnight and good bye.




No comments: