Sunday, July 20, 2008

Addie got a shiner! :(


Now that Addie is starting to walk around some, bumps and bruises are to be expected. But not black eyes!!! Today she fell and hit her cheek bone/eye on the metal bar on the end table. I immediately scooped her up and held her. Wes said"Oh my God" and I knew it wasn't good. Wes normally says "Oh, she's fine" because normally I worry about every little bump. I looked and it was already bruising and swelling. She ate dinner and went to bed shortly after. While she was eating, I snapped a pic. That is why she has a bit of food on her face. It doesn't really show how bad it looks. I am praying it looks better in the morning and not worse. Looks like we may be delaying the 1 year pictures.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Oh no!!! Don't worry, Rylee did the same thing when she was learning how to pull up. It was terrible for me to see this huge blue/brown/green bruise on her pretty little face, but she only seemed bothered by it the first couple of seconds. Don't you just want to stick them in a padded room 24/7?