Thursday, July 17, 2008

Is it Friday yet?

I dunno why this question even matters considering I stay at home. lol. I still find myself looking forward to the weekend even though I don't work any days! This may not be the case for much longer though. A couple of weeks ago I sent out my cover letter and resume to the best therapy agency here in town for a developmental play therapist position. Well, early this week the owner called and said she has been wanting to call me but has been real busy. She wants to talk to me about a position! I am going to meet with her on Tuesday. I am hoping we can work out something for part time bc I have already got child care worked out with 2 of my best friends. If I work Mon, Wed, and Fri I can pay child care and still make quite a pretty penny! This would be the best of both world bc my children would be in the care of a best friend, it would be part time, and I would still have plenty of time to spend with the kids. It would also be nice for money to not be so tight.... of course! Anyways, please pray that this works out perfectly for us and she wants to hire me!
This has also been a big week for Addie. She has started walking from place to place instead of having to be bribed. Of course she still crawls and falls down but she gets better every day. She loves walking too! She has the biggest grins and giggles when she is walking. She also said her fist word this week. She said "no-no". It was so cute. She said it bc I had just said it to her. She says it quite a bit now. She is just doing more and more everyday. She is incredible to watch.
Connor had a fun week. I watch a little boy for 3 hours, 2 days a week. He and Connor have the best time. Not as much fun as he has with his buddy Reagan, but still a pretty good time. lol. Connor also had another appointment with the ENT this week. He passed his hearing test but was on the low side of average. The ENT and I discussed his issues with noises. He explained 2 structural things that could be affecting it and we also discussed the possibility of Auditory Sensory Integration Dysfunction. He agreed that it is a possibility. If there is no improvement in the next 2 months, he would like us to seek more evaluations to investigate the sensory issues. He is a good doctor and I am glad we are seeing him.
Connor and I are going to have a sad, boring next couple of weeks. Our best friends are leaving on Sat to go to Alaska for 16 days! I dunno what we are going to do with ourselves while they are gone.
I guess that is all for now, but I do want to share a few pics. :) I always love sharing pics!





Addie loved being pulled around in her diaper drawer by Connor.














Pasta is so yummy! And messy! Doesn't learning to self-feed look fun. At least the spork is actually in her hand for once. lol.
















Biting into a big dill pickle.



















The face she made after she bit into the pickle. She really likes the pickle a lot though surprisingly.
















Look at my big girl brushing her teeth. I had already done the real brushing.















Reagan giving Addie her birthday present since they will be in Alaska for Addie's actual birthday.

2 comments:

MommaSuds said...

I wish it was Friday.This has seemed like a very long week.That little Addie is just adorable.I love the face after the pickle.My Lil c loves lemons and I have tried to get a pic of her eating one and then making her face.

Good luck with the job!!I am starting to look for one myself.

Ashley said...

Hi sgtsudswife. Thanks for the compliment on the kiddos! I hope you enjoy my blog!
Ashley