Wednesday, July 23, 2008

They just melt my heart!

Most of the time Connor is fussing at Addie and telling her not to touch anything. He doesn't want her to touch his stuff or even her own stuff! When she yells and shrieks and babbles loud like babies do, he says "Stop yelling Addie." He doesn't understand why he gets in trouble for yelling but she doesn't. He can be such a bossy, little stingy turd to her sometimes but other times he is so sweet. When he doesn't see her he asks where she is and gets worried. He tells her night night and good morning. He hears me call her little sugar and he sometimes calls her that too. He hears me tell her to be patient while I make her food and he tells her to be patient. He plays with her and makes her giggle hysterically. This evening after I had got Addie ready for bed, she was next to me at the end of the couch. Connor laid his belly up on the table and said "Gimme a kiss Addie." She looked up and him and leaned in with that wide open drooly mouth. It was the sweetest thing. I grabbed the camera and snapped a few pics. They are just too sweet. Here they are.





Planting one on Addie's forehead.














Right in the kisser.















Connor really puckers up those lips. Addie looks at him so lovingly.














Addie looks at me like, "Haven't you ever seen us be sweet before". "Get over it".







Addie is really doing so many new things. She has been dancing for a while and when she does I say Dance-Dance. She now is trying to say it when she dances. It comes out "Dan-Dan". It is so cute. She also is saying no-no all the time. Tonight when I laid her down she said "ni-ni". She was saying night-night because I always say it to her at nap and bed time and stroke her hair a couple of times. She is always picking up the phone, putting it to her ear, and babbling away. She knows what that thing is for. Also, yesterday while I was at a doctor's appointment my good friend Elizabeth watched them. She said she saw Addie pick up her lotion fool around with it and then rub her arm. She said it looked like Addie was pretending to put on lotion! Addie is also starting to walk real well and doing it more and more. She is also starting to squat and bend at the knees. So, her balance is really improving. It is so amazing to see her do all these new things. Oh yeah, her black eye is healing up nicely and quickly. Thank goodness.
Connor is doing pretty good lately. The other night he was crying and I went to check on him and he projectile vomited everywhere. And then he was fine. It was really strange. He enjoys the little boy that I keep a few hours 2 days a week. Monday we did some finger painting. Connor really liked it. He loves Play Doh too. He still hates coloring. lol. His favorite movie right now is Toy Story 2.
I had a job interview yesterday and it went really well. She told me at the interview that she wants me to work for her. This is the play therapy job I talked about last week. She told me I can do part time, full time, or whatever I want. She has never hired a part time therapist so she was going to take a few days to figure out the pay she could offer me and call me back. So, I am just waiting to hear back from her before I can make a decision. I hope it is what I am expecting it to be. If it is, I am planning to do it 3 days a week and I have my child care all figured out. My good friend Cooney(real name Elizabeth) is leaving the local Early Intervention to get her Masters. She is free on Mondays and Fridays so she will keep them those 2 days at my house. My neighbor and good friend Candy(Reagan's mom) will watch them on Wednesdays. I will be off on Tuesdays and Thursdays to enjoy my kiddos all day long. Once I hear back from her about the $, I will let y'all know.
I will end the post with pictures of Connor fingerpainting.





Here he is in his apron, ready to go!


















My little artist in the making.

1 comment:

MommaSuds said...

Your 2 little ones are just so cute.I love the pic of her looking at you like you have never seen them be nice to one another.