Friday, September 12, 2008

Addie got a gift! Actually we all did!




If you know us or read the blog then you know I cloth diaper Addie. It is loads of fun and the diapers are super cute. I frequent a website called diaperswappers where people talk about cloth diapers and buy and sell, etc. Wool is a material that can be used as a cover to keep from leaking and as ADORABLE pants. I saw all the cute longies on diaperswappers and wanted to get some for Addie for the fall/winter since they can be used as covers and cute pants. Did you know wool will absorb 30% of it's weight?! Anyways, I was having trouble finding some longies knit to the measurements Addie needs so I made a post about it on the website. A super sweet mama sent me a message saying that she would like to give us her daughter's first pair of longies since they are Addie's measurements. I cried because that was so kind of her. She could have sold them and gotten a nice chunk of change for them. But instead she wanted to pass them on to us for free; she wouldn't even let me pay shipping. She only asked that I pass them on to someone else when Addie outgrows them. It's like the sisterhood of the travelling longies. lol They were Matilda's first, Addie's first, and will be someone else's first! Cool huh?! Anyways so I got some pictures of Addie in the longies and she looked so cute. Here she is!

Bad girl pulled down the blinds.

I am embarrassed bc I had no idea the fireplace glass was so dirty.

So that is the story about Addie's gift. But actually we all got a gift. Wes was not due to come home from a training until later this week but he got home on Tuesday night. He called and told me to be there in an hour to get him. Doodles was sooooo excited. When the van pulled into the parking lot he saw Wes in the front seat and exclaimed"There's my Daddy!" He was so excited. It is so nice for Wes to be home. I had bought steaks to cook for him the night he got home and stuff to make red velvet cake(his fave) but since he showed up early we did all that on Wednesday night. What a good wife I am! lol
We are going back to the beach in a couple of weeks since Wes missed our last trip because the training came up. It is going to be fun to go together this time!

No comments: