Thursday, September 4, 2008

Poop on the floor?! No Way!!

Today we were in the grocery store picking up a few things we need. While I was trying to decide which block of cheese I wanted, I hear Connor loudly saying "Eeeeewwww it's poo-poo mommy". A nice employee comes and speaks to Addie and tells her how pretty she is. She then says hi to Connor and he points to something on the floor and tells her "Nasty Poo-Poo". She looks closer and says, "I think it's just squished grapes honey." It was hilarious. The lady was stifling her laughter and so was I. Connor was very concerned about the poop on the grocery store floor and talked about it the whole time we checked out and all the way to the car.
Last night, the fire alarm in Connor's room started beeping that the battery was low. Connor freaked out because as I have mentioned in earlier posts, he has issues with noise, like auditory sensory processing issues. It was while I was putting him to bed and he started screaming "Oh no, we gotta get out of here". I explained the beep to him but he kept his ears covered and was very upset. I took the battery out but it continued to beep. I could not find a 9 volt anywhere in the house or garage. I even called the neighbors. Finally a friend suggested I take one from another alarm so the one in his room will stop beeping. So I take the battery from the one downstairs and put it in his room. All is good.... for a minute.... and then he hears the one beeping downstairs and freaks out. Finally I turned his music way up and laid down with him for a minute. He forgot about the beep once he couldn't hear it anymore. He then allowed me to leave and went to sleep still covering his ears. This morning when we woke up and came downstairs, he kept being bothered by the beep. He wasn't freaking but kept getting flustered and asking what is the beep. After Addie's morning nap we went to the store and were able to get a battery... and extras for the future. Luckily we see the ENT again next week and we will talk about further evaluating him for auditory sensory processing disorder since there hasn't been improvement over the past 2 months.
Addie is still taking antibiotics for the strep throat but seems to feel fine. I think she is hard core teething now though. She is just a bit cranky and clingy which is unusual for her. Bout time she teeth since she only has 2 teeth. lol Something new I noticed she is doing is "singing" with the ABC song. We have the leap frog letter thing for the fridge that sings the ABCs and she loves to carry it around and dance to it. The past 2 days I have noticed that she "sings" to the tune of the ABCs. I am going to try to get a video bc it is so cute. She has also decided that she needs to make a smack sound every time she gives kisses. It is so cute. She gives hugs and kisses ALL DAY LONG. Yesterday my neighbor/friend watched them for a couple of hours and she said Addie gave hugs and kisses to her, her daughter, Connor, her baby dolls, and even the dog the whole time I was gone. She really is so very affectionate and it is so sweet.
Well, it is getting late so I will end with a few cute pics I got of the kiddos today.

I caught them in the drawer together and had to grab the camera!



Addie was trying to give Connor a kiss. He was covering his mouth and turning away.





And this is a couple of pictures of Addie being naughty yesterday. Callie just sits and endures it all. She is such a good dog.


Looking so innocent.

1 comment:

MommaSuds said...

It probably was poop and the lady that worked there was tring to get him to stop yelling it so no one else would know.That would so gross to fkind poop in a grocery store on the floor eeewwww.
Love the pics.The kids are so cute even when they are being naughty.