Monday, August 25, 2008

God Was Watching Yesterday!

I know God sees us all the time but he was protecting Addie yesterday. After church and lunch, I had Addie on the floor and was changing her diaper for her nap. Connor was sitting in a leather glider/rocking type chair with a metal frame that is pretty top heavy. It was out of it's original place because Wes sometimes uses it when he plays his XBOX 360. As I was snapping Addie's diaper closed the chair came crashing down with Connor on top of it. The metal frame hit the side of Addie's head. I flipped out because I didn't know how bad she was hurt. The frame is metal, the chair is HEAVY, and all Connor's weight came crashing down with it. She immediately got a goose-egg over her ear and was screaming. Connor was terrified because it scared him too. We didn't know if we needed to have her checked out and were able to call the on call nurse for our ped's office. She told us what to look for and not to take her to the ER unless she started vomiting or acting funny. I was crying and upset and soooooooooo nauseous. I was literally sick from the thought of how much worse it could have been. If Addie had been a few inches over, she probably would not be with us any more because it would have crushed her skull. And that thought makes me sick. I am bawling all over again right now. I just cannot believe how close we were to having the worst thing imaginable happen to us. Thank God Addie was not a couple of inches over and God was holding her in his hands. It is so scary to imagine all the what-ifs. When I think about it I also feel like it was my fault for not stopping it, but I didn't even see it til it happened. I told Wes that we will keep the chair where it is supposed to go because it is next to the wall and can't topple backwards so easily or we will be putting it in the garage until the kids are older. I am not going to risk our kids getting hurt over a stupid chair! It already threw my Paw-Paw one time too so it is notorious for flipping over. I am so thankful that things were no worse than they were. Next time you pray, thank God for looking after Addie!

1 comment:

MommaSuds said...

It is a very scary thing to know your children can be hurt and sometimes there is nothing we can do about it.

Thank goodness she is ok and it was not any worse than it was.