Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Today Topped Yesterday

This post is going to be straight to the point because it has been a loooooong, crazy day. I was awakened at 4 am to Addie crying. I went to check on her bc it is unusual for her to wake at night. She was BURNING up. I have never felt anyone so hot to the touch. I couldn't find the thermometer so I gave her some Advil and she went back to sleep. She woke up at 6:30 upset again. I found the thermometer and her temp was 102.8..... and that was after Advil!!! I can't imagine what it was at 4 am before the Advil! At 7:30 Connor went to Candy's house(our neighbor/close friend) so I could take Addie to the doctor. It was pouring down rain so I was glad to not have to take him. On the way to the doctor, the radio alerted about tornado warnings. I was nervous about being out and about not being with Connor during possible sever weather. We made it to the ped and I got drenched on almost every inch of my body but managed to keep Addie dry. :) We found out that Addie has strep throat!!! I have not known any one so young to have it and the ped says she keeps seeing it in kids younger and younger. So we got antibiotics. On the way home, I could hardly see to drive bc of the rain and the roads were starting to flood. Addie slept during all of our time in the car and most of the day. When she was awake she was upset and wanting me to hold her. This evening when she was awake she played a good bit and was in a pretty good mood considering. She went to bed and will hopefully feel better tomorrow for out trip to the beach.
Also, this morning Connor's furniture was delivered. I didn't know exactly what time they were coming so I was not able to shower for my first appointment for work this afternoon. I was so ill that they showed up at the end of the 2 hr window and I actually could have showered. Oh well. My first work appointment went well. I hated leaving Addie when she was so sick but it was for less than 2 hours and with a friend at our house. The family I met was great and the little boy is going to be fun to provide play therapy to. Back to Connor's furniture..... it looks so great! I will post pictures when I am able to get the old dresser moved out of his room. I was too busy today. I want to show a pic of the finished product. He really likes it and says it is "cool".
Tomorrow we are leaving for the beach. I am so sad that hubby can't go because he is gone for some training. I also can't believe Addie is sick for the beach trip. I hope she is feeling much better tomorrow.
One last thing...... Wes has been pretty sick for the last week. Really sore throat, feeling awful, and such. We assumed it was sinus and thought his throat was hurting bc of drainage. Now I am concerned that he has had strep and we just didn't realize. I have no way to talk to him and let him know that Addie has it and maybe he is where she got it from. I know that strep can be super dangerous when untreated so I am praying this is not what he has! I hope he will somehow be able to call soon so I can let him know. So a few prayers for Wes would be nice. :)
sgtsudswife, thanks for the comments. It is nice to know that someone reads what I type. :)

2 comments:

MommaSuds said...

Awwww you are so welcome!I love reading your blog.I hope Addie is feeling better soon and I hope Wes doesn't have strep.

Can't wait to see the pics of the furniture.Hope tomorrow isn't as crazy as today.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that she has strep. I have never thought of one so small getting it either. I hope that you have a good time at the beach. Jennifer