Monday, August 4, 2008

I Have Been Meaning To Tell Everyone!!!

As of Friday, I am employed! I had 2 therapy agencies wanting to hire me to do play therapy for Early Intervention kids. On Friday I made the decision of which agency I wanted to work for and am now hired! Everything has just worked out so beautifully with me working part time again. The money was the highest I had expected so working 20 hours a week is going to bring us in a nice chunk of change, even after child care cost. It will be so nice for money to not be so tight for a change. The child care situation has worked out perfect too! My friend Elizabeth will keep them on Monday and Friday. She is leaving her job with Early Intervention to get her master's. My friend and neighbor, Candy, will keep them on Wednesday. I cannot imagine 2 better people to watch the kids for me. I will never have to worry about my sweeties. I do think I will be sad about leaving them 3 days a week though. :( But I will only be working 3 of the 7 days a week. I should be and am very grateful that I have the skills to make the amount of money I will be making, that I will have such great friends caring for my children, and will bring home so much money from just part time work! Anyways, enough about me....
Yesterday I got a double jogging stroller. I have this dream that it is the solution to getting rid of this fat body! I use to be in such great shape and had such an awesome body. In high school I did every dang sport and was just so fit and in shape. Well looking at me now, you would never know it. I can hardly walk the mile around our neighborhood, much less run it. But that is the goal. To start running while pushing the kiddos in the jogging stroller. Anyone that knows me, knows I am about the most competitive *itch alive. So the plan is for Wes to go running with me every evening. My competitive nature will make me run just to keep up with him, even if I want to fall over and die. So wish me luck! I will update about my progress and I am sure this will be good for a few laughs. Well, guess that was more about me.... moving on to a new subject.
Addie has her 1 year well baby visit this morning. We are seeing a new doctor because our last one would not see us if I made the decision to delay vaccines. Well I made the decision to delay and so now we are seeing a new ped. Because of the vaccines Addie had up until this point, she will only need one shot today following Dr. Sears delayed vax schedule. She is already kinda ahead on the delayed schedule bc we went by the CDC vax schedule up til this point. Next month she will have to go for more shots, but I don't mind all the extra trips to the doctor just to spread things out a bit. I would rather do it this way bc she will still be fully vax'ed, it will just take a bit longer to get there. And we will get to fully vax'ed without bombarding her body with so much at one time. Anyways, enough about the vaccines. Addie's last day of nursing was on her first birthday. She has done so well. She has not cried or fussed to nurse one single time. She has been drinking her milk and is happy as a clam. I was so worried about that transition and worried she would be upset with me but she has done beautifully.
I dunno what else to talk about right now so I am going to go play with Addie after I wipe Connor's butt. He is telling me he is done pooping. He is calling me to come "wash my bunt". He sounds hilarious when he says it. Have a great day everyone!

No comments: