Monday, August 25, 2008

Thank goodness for my little tattle-tell!

When I let my Mommy guard down, Doodles keeps me informed on Addie's wrong-doings. Earlier today, I changed Addie's dipe which was full of nasty poopy. For those of you that don't know, we use cloth. The phone rang as I was finishing up and the diaper was left on the floor. Totally gross.... I know..... but something came up and I left it for a second. I forgot about the diaper and Connor came running to me saying "Oh no, Addie got the diaper!" He said it in a way I can't describe, he was very distressed about it. lol. I ran in the living room to find Addie walking around with her poopy diaper. Thank God she hadn't opened it up! I grabbed it from her and washed her hands and checked for poop. I then properly rinsed the diaper and put it in our pail. Bad momma, shoulda done it to begin with! Oops! Later in the afternoon, Connor came running to me while I was unloading the dishwasher and said "Oh no, Addie taking off her diaper!" Again he sounded very distressed about it. I went in the living room to find Addie ripping off her diaper. Silly girl. She knew momma had slipped up again and wanted to keep me on my toes. We have recently changed almost all of our cloth dipes from velcro closure to snap closure because she can take off the velcro. I still have a couple to sell(and buy something new that snaps) and have been using them bc she sometimes doesn't mess with them. Well she decided to show me today! lol I will be listing our few remaining velcro diapers for sale tomorrow. Luckily, I had just changed her diaper minutes before this happened so she hadn't soiled it and made a mess when she pulled it off. So, little Miss Addie is keeping me on my toes and living up to the "Addie-tude" in the blog title. And Doodles is helping me out by being my little tattle-tell.

No comments: